I get a lot of requests of where to get sweet treats for someone is gluten free. I will be honest a lot of gluten free items lack flavor, are very dry or have a lot of ingredients that are very chemical in taste and ingredient list.
For those of you in Columbus, I wanted to do a Top 10 must visit for gluten free desserts and treats and also a top 10 mail order/ grocery store list !!!! Hope this helps all of you that are looking for a great gluten free alternative!
Top 10 Columbus
1. Cherbourg bakery- Bexley This bakery has donuts, Pastries, breads, and sweet treats that are all gluten and nut free. The entire bakery is for people just like us who have an allergy to gluten. You will not be sorry!
2. Bake Me Happy- this will also show up on the mail order list because you can have their items shipped anywhere! The Oatmeal Cream Pies, and other hostess “mimics” will bring you back to childhood and taste way better than any of the originals. They have a store in the German Village area and a stand at OSU football games!
3. Jenis Ice Cream- they have the most delicious ice cream on the planet and use healthy, amazing ingredients and have a majority of their flavors listed as Gluten Free. You will want to try every single one, but the Peanut butter and Chocolate Fleck will change your life.
4. Pistacia Vera – multiple items that are gluten free, but stop by the North Market and get the most delicious macrons of your life. The Oatmeal ones in the fall are a must have!
5. The Barn at Rocky Fork Creek – the peanut butter pie. Try it. Love it. Thank me later.
6. C. Krueger’s- owned by the Former Cheryl’s Cookie founder, this store has fabulous gluten free options as well as delicious cookies for your friends and family. Great gift stop for everyone!
7. Sow Plated – the chocolate cake is gluten free and amazing! They are a great go to restaurant for the gluten free family for sure!
8. Starbucks- seriously. The chocolate dream bar is only 250 calories and gluten free. Worth every bite and they are huge!!!!
9. Patty cake Bakery- this is definitely the spot for someone to get the most amazing birthday cake! Their entire bakery is filled with wonderful gluten free and vegan options, but if you need a celebration cake, this is your go to!
10. The Dipped Donut- they are only this far on the list because you can only get the gluten free donuts once a month and you have to preorder. But if you were a big fan of choose your top cake donuts, it’s worth the drive and the wait.
Mail order Gluten Free Sweets:
1. Ally’s Baked Goods, Delaware Ohio
2. Wicked Good Cupcakes Massachusetts
3. Bake me Happy
4. Cheryl’s Cookies
5. C. Krueger’s
6. Goodie Girl Cookies
7. Nothing Bundt Cake
8. Edible Arrangements
9. Insomnia Cookies
10. Whole Foods nationwide
If you have any questions about all of my favorite gluten free goodies, feel free to reach out to me at any time. I know the struggle of eating bad gluten free items can be daunting so my goal is to take the guess work out of it !!!
Have a fabulous weekend,