Goals for April:
1. States to Visit: Michigan, Indiana, Arizona and Pennsylvania
2. Goal is to be at 15 different American Lung Association events as well as 10 leadership events
3. Work with the Ohio Legislature on the Escape the Vape National Summit on Teen Vaping and Addiction.
4. Partner with the National Junior League Board of Directors to have a direct partnership with Mrs American and the JL for a national tour to work with each state to discuss three key areas: Diversity Training, GAP program for foster care transition and Community impact events with developing passion projects with membership.
5. Work with the American Lung Association on a virtual advocacy tour for vaping and addiction.
Pizza is important. Well at least it is for me, and after being diagnosed finding the perfect gluten free pizza became my mission and focus!!! Here is my top five for Columbus:
1. California Pizza Kitchen. It’s just that good. Chain or not it wins!
2. Sextons – local to columbus it gives you that perfect “Ohio” pizza feel, especially with the pepperoni !!!
3. MOD pizza. I live for their margarita pizza and they have lots of sauce options as well as vegan cheese!!!!!
4. Donatos’s – and honestly the take and bake at Kroger is clutch!!!!
5. Pizza Rustica- this is the closest to NYC pizza you will get in Ohio that is GF!!!!
Book an Appointment with Rian Valentine
Book an Appointment with Rian Valentine
Mrs Franklin County
Appearance and Plan of Action Schedule
One of the most important parts of being Mrs Ohio America is making sure you are spending time not only with your charities and events, but getting out to new areas of the state to help develop knowledge around this amazing program. With the presence of COVID-19, it is also important to have a plan for virtual events. Here is what my first 90 days would look like as Mrs Ohio America if selected:
12th Photoshoot and Henris Day
13th FB live – Gratitude / JLC Board meeting
14th – American Lung Association meeting with Chair
15th – Junior League Meeting
16th Junior Leadership Board meeting ALA
17th Social Media Q and A
18th Social Media Sponsors / JLC backpack event
19th Brunch at Polaris/ Henris
20th ALA meeting
21st Drop off at Humane society
22nd Social Media CARE
23rd Social Media Sign ups for next year Q and A
24th Ohio Facial Plastics Visit
25th Social Media- Mrs Ohio Facts
26th Social Media – Sponsor Spotlight
27th Social Media – Facebook Live
29th Women of Inspiration Event
30th Detroit Lung Force kick off
1 Komen Virtual Race for the Cure
2 Facebook – Breast Cancer QandA
3 mid Ohio food bank
4 Lung Cancer Advocacy
5 Restart Reynoldsburg
6 Dine Drink Dress Fashion Event
7 Care- Facebook Live Insurance mishaps with chronic disease
8 RAINN Fundraiser start
9 Every Child Counts Meeting
10 Social Media – Sponsors
11 Better Breathers
12 ALA meeting
13 Social Media- possible contestant questions
14 Diverse Styles Meeting
15 Miss Dance Of Ohio
16 GirlPower Event
17 Advocacy Day-ALA
18 Social Media- CARE American Heart Association
19 Gallery Hop
20Social Media- Intro of Victoria’s Voice
21 JR Board Meeting ALA
22 Ohio Facial Plastics
23 Sponsor visit
24 Better Breathers
26 Junior League
27 Social Media- sponsor highlight
28 Mid Ohio volunteer
29 Social media FB live
31 Social media IG live
1 Komen Virtual Summit for BreastCancer
2 Breast Cancer risk factors Q and A
3 Social Media- FB live CARE- human trafficking
7 Franklin County humane drop off
8 Mid Ohio food bank
9 Jr League
10 Social Media- Sponsor highlight
11 Junior Board Meeting ALA
12 Advocacy Day
14 ALA meeting
15 Jr league
16 Junior Board ALA
17 Social Media – Sponsor Highlight
18 Better Breathers
19 Restart Columbus Follow up
20 Social Media- Yoga
21 Social Media -Self Care
23 Ohio Facial plastics
24 Timeless Training
25 Social Media Sponsors
26 Social media Contestant Q and A
27 ALA meeting
28 Better Breathers
30 Mid Ohio Food Bank
31 Social Media- CARE
1 Social Media -Sponsors
2 Social media – Preparing for Nationals
3 2020 Gluten Free Marketplace
4 ALA advocacy
5 Girl Power meeting
6 Mid OhioFood Bank
7 Social Media- Human Trafficking
8 Every Child Counts
9 JR Board Meeting
10 ALA meeting
11 Record ALA radio spots
12 My Birthday
14 Mid Ohio Food Bank
15 Ronald Mc Donald House
17 Social media- Sponsor highlight
18 Social Media- How to sign up to be a contestant
19 Social Media – Domestic Violence CARE
20 Ohio Facial Plastics
22 Social Media- Wardrobe
23 Social Media – How to find your passion CARE
24 Cleveland ALA Run/Walk
25 Better Breathers
26 TBD ****possible Mrs America Dates
***possible Mrs America dates
But I don’t have anytime…….
How many times have you, the busy woman said these words. You don’t have the ability to say no and you are spending every minute, of every day, focused on your to do list. It’s time to put you on your to do list.
When you read most books and articles about stress, you will see a theme of women being more likely than men to be stressed and overworked. We love to be there for other people, we love community service, and we love our families. It makes sense. But in all of this, we have to make sure we love ourselves. So here are a few ideas for self care that everyone should think about adding to their daily to-dos!
1. Yoga and Meditation- I never knew a yoga class would change my life. When my dad died, I began to suffer anxiety and panic attacks. I had always been proud to be strong and in control, and now that was being ripped from me. Yoga gave me peace and helped me refocus not only my body, but my mind.
2. Eat the gummy bear, chocolate whatever it is. But make it a treat. And really enjoy it. I found that my nine gummy bears made me smile, but didn’t affect my goals of getting healthy. I didn’t eat them while doing something else, I made those 15 minutes about rest and energy restoration.
3. Call your mom, your dad, your sister or your friend. Basically call the person you can talk and laugh about nothing and anything. Make it about enjoying each other’s time and not figuring out the worlds problems and you will have serious stress relief.
4. Read a book, take a class, ride a bike, take a walk …… do something that makes you forget about the world around you and makes you live in the moment. I love to read. I have three books going at almost anytime. Everyone deserves a little escape time!
5. Workout or not! If it clears your head then schedule it for everyday. If it doesn’t clear your head add it to your to do list. Working out is different for everyone, but is something I truly believe in now.
6. Do something you have always wanted to do. Flower arranging, ballroom dancing, learning a language. Give yourself the gift of adding something new and amazing to your life. Many people say that it’s a waste of money, or time. But experiences are what give us happiness, not possessions- so take the leap!
My goal is for all of us to make sure that at the end of the day we can all say that we did something to make our own lives better, as well as those around us. Because in the end, if your cup is empty, how are you going to fill anyone else’s?
I am excited to highlight new places when I find them. Vegan and GF baking is becoming more popular every day and I am so excited to highlight on of those bakers who is my go-to for special occasions like Gifts, Birthdays and events. Ally’s Baked Goods located in Delaware Ohio is doing amazing custom cookies, cakes and other desserts that she can deliver or ship. She also has an amazing set up at the Delaware Farmers Market. My suggestion is to check out her products whether you are GF, Vegan or not!